Re: style change: explicitly permit braces for single statements

On Mon 13 Jul 2020 at 09:48:07 -0400, Mouse wrote:
> I'd actually recommend one exception, that being the else-if chain: if
> the dependent clause after an else is a single statement, and it is an
> if statement, then, depending on the semantic relationship of the inner
> if's test to the enclosing if's, I can go either way on whether I'd
> prefer braces or no braces around the inner if.

I agree with the proposal at the start of the thread and I also agree
with this. I guess that some languages have a special 'elif' or 'elseif'
keyword just because of this.

-Olaf.
--
Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert -- rhialto at falu dot nl
___  Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on