Re: AES leaks, cgd ciphers, and vector units in the kernel

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 10:26:10PM +0000, Taylor R Campbell wrote:
> # cpuctl identify 0 | grep -w AES
> cpu0: features1 0x7fbae3bf<DEADLINE,AES,XSAVE,OSXSAVE,AVX,F16C,RDRAND>
>                                     ^^^
> The highlighted part in `features1' is the important thing.

FWIW I did that on all amd64 machines I have in production and found
three that do not have it. One of them is an external xen domU where I have
no controll over the dom0 or hardware, the other two are quite old (probably
on the border for your 10 years estimate, maybe even slightly older and I'm
suprised too, usualy amd64 hardware is not that good long term and forces
itself being replaced way earlier).

And I need to move some arm deployments to aarch64 soon, but that has been
on the list anyway.

Martin