Re: pg_jobc going negative?

> pg_jobc is a process group struct member counting the number of
> processes with [...]

> [W]e caught issues that pg_jobc can go negative.  [...]

> Is going negative in the first place a real bug?

I would say, yes.  A "count of processes with [condition]" cannot ever
truly be negative.

The only question is whether the bug is in code or in the idea that the
variable always accurately reflects that (conceptual) count.  (Okay,
there's also the question of whether it matters in practice, but in my
opinion that does not affect the question of whether it's a bug, only
whether the bug matters in practice.)

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign