Re: sys/idtype.h unused enumeration values

> Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 21:11:36 +0200
> From: Kamil Rytarowski <n54%gmx.com@localhost>
>
> On 18.05.2020 20:24, Robert Elz wrote:
> >     Date:        Mon, 18 May 2020 19:45:55 +0200
> >     From:        Kamil Rytarowski <n54%gmx.com@localhost>
> >
> >   | I have got a local use-case for another P_type (premature to discuss it
> >   | in this thread) and I would rather recycle an unused value.
> >
> > Don't do that, it is just a number, use one that hasn't been used
> > for this purpose before.
> >
> >   | Do we plan to get Solaris feature-parity with all the types? I assume
> >   | that the answer is NO. If so, can we delete the P_ values that are not
> >   | applicable for NetBSD?
> >
> > I have no problem with that - just don't reuse the values for some
> > different purpose, keep them reserved (assign them meaningless reserved
> > names) just in case there's ever a need to implement one of those things
> > (this is very very cheap insurance).
>
> I propose to delete P_CID and recycle its place for P_PSETID.

There are 2,147,483,630 different numbers you can choose from, if I
counted right -- that's over two billion.  It's not that important to
be economical with reuse when there's a scary comment above it
exhorting you not to mess with the existing numbers...  Also, P_PSETID
already appears to be assigned the number 15, so why would you want to
change that?