Re: Symbol debugging support for kernel modules in crash dumps

In article <20200501233413.291A717FDB0%rebar.astron.com@localhost>,
Christos Zoulas <christos%zoulas.com@localhost> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I just added symbol debugging support for modules in kernel dumps.
>Things are not perfect because of what I call "current thread
>confusion" in the kvm target, but as you see in the following
>session it works just fine if you follow the right steps. First of
>all you need a build from HEAD that has the capability to build
>.debug files for kernel modules.  Once that's done, you are all
>set; see how it works (comments prefixed by ####)

I fixed the "current thread confusion" by setting the current
thread and reloading the symbol file in gdb, this works as
expected:

$ gdb netbsd.gdb
(gdb) target kvm netbsd.666.core
(gdb) source /usr/src/sys/gdbscripts/modload
(gdb) modload
(gdb) where

christos