GSoC Proposal - Defragmentation for FFS

Hi NetBSD Community,

I am currently a first year Master's Degree student studying Computer Science at Northwest Missouri State University. I'm a professional C/C++ developer with about 4 years of work experience as a storage systems engineer. My work mostly revolved around storage stack and I/O path in general.

One of the issues that hits very close to home for me is file system aging. I'm interested in learning in detail how to tackle fragmentation. I believe "Defragmentation for FFS" project provides me an excellent opportunity to learn more.

I have experience using and writing software in Linux, including experience in writing and debugging kernel modules. I am interested in learning more about the project "Defragmentation for FFS" albeit my work mostly involved working with XFS, I am more than willing to learn and contribute to it.

Looking forward to learning more about the project and working with NetBSD community.

Cheers,
Xizi Chen,
NWMSU