Re: Adaptec 6445 not supported?

21.12.2019 15:49, Andrew Doran пишет:
Using NetBSD 8.1, the NetBSD kernel boots up with this:

Dec 21 10:53:56 unix /netbsd: vendor 9005 product 028b (RAID mass
storage, revision 0x01) at pci1 dev 0 function 0 not configured

Some Adaptec adapters are supported but not listed in pcidevs.
I believe 6-series is not supported.

https://storage.microsemi.com/en-us/support/raid/sas_raid/sas-6445/

Under "Unix", there's no "NetBSD', only "FreeBSD".

Is that driver supplied to FreeBSD as a binary or can it be ported?

It looks to me like the "aacraid" driver in FreeBSD handles this, and that
looks to be an evolution of the "aac" driver.  The driver would not be too
hard to port I reckon.

I am the one waiting for that for long time, because Adaptec is a great
piece of hardware. I remember most problem of porting was the second
register used in modern Adaptec controllers, which is completely unhandled
in NetBSD code.

We used to get engineering samples from Mark Salyzyn at DPT/Adaptec every
time they released something significant but he has long left the company.

I will set up development box or send any hardware to a person feeling
ready to accomplish this task.

--
Dima Veselov
Physics R&D Establishment of Saint-Petersburg University