re: usbhist support for urtwn

matthew green wrote:
> this looks fine, but if you feel up to it, you can re-combine
> the single DPRINTF() -> two calls using URTWNHIST_CALLARGS().
> if_aue.c is a recent file converted to this method.  it has
> the advantage of consuming fewer kernhist slots -- 1 line vs 2.

There is a separate flag bit DBG_FN in urtwn_debug that enables
logging of function calls, and I have already translated the sequence
URTWNHIST_CALLED(); DPRINTFN(DBG_FN, ...) into URTWNHIST_CALLARGS(...).
I have deliberately avoided folding DPRINTFN() calls enabled by other
flag bits into URTWNHIST_CALLARGS() so that they can still be enabled
and disabled separately from the logging of function calls.

> nit:  the new DPRINTFN(), URTWNHIST_CALLED(), and
> URTWNHIST_CALLARGS() macros should use the do { .. } while(0)
> idiom the old DPRINTFN() did so they remain/are safe for us in
> all contexts.

They already do, they're just formatted differently.
--
Andreas Gustafsson, gson%gson.org@localhost