Re: __{read,write}_once

    Date:        Thu, 21 Nov 2019 19:19:51 +0100
    From:        Maxime Villard <max%m00nbsd.net@localhost>

  | So in the end which name do we use? Are people really unhappy with _racy()?
  | At least it has a general meaning, and does not imply atomicity or ordering.

I dislike naming discussions, as in general, while there are often a
bunch of obviously incorrect names (here for example, read_page_data() ...)
there is very rarely one obviously right answer, and it all really just becomes
a matter of choice for whoever is doing it.

Nevertheless, perhaps something that says more what is actually happening,
rather than mentions what doesn't matter (races here), so perhaps something
like {read,write}_single_cycle() or {read,write}_1_bus_xact() or something
along those lines ?

kre