Re: Proposal, again: Disable autoload of compat_xyz modules

christos%astron.com@localhost (Christos Zoulas) writes:

>In article <20190929090053.GA98%homeworld.netbsd.org@localhost>,
> <maya%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:
>>On Sat, Sep 28, 2019 at 01:29:39AM -0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:
>>> +		"compat_linux",
>>> +		"compat_linux32",
>>
>>As for the actual change, I'd like to see it integrated through
>>modules.conf, not via settings of default sysctl values. I think it's
>>bad user experience.

>modules.conf contains module names and their arguments. It is a configuration
>file for each module. There are already sysctls in the kern.module. tree all
>related to autoloading.

Everything currently in modules.conf is loaded permanently. One argument
for adding autoload support would be that it allows to configure module
parameters in a common place, as autoloaded modules cannot get parameters
yet. It could also be used to configure policies (e.g. blacklists).

But that's a far way.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost