Re: Proposal, again: Disable autoload of compat_xyz modules

Le 26/09/2019 à 19:21, Edgar Fuß a écrit :
I do understand you are not proposing to remove compat_linux.
I do understand your proposal is just about disabling module auto-load
(which I don't care about because I run a monolithic kernel).

So why the hell are you throwing in statements like
immense trouble for little actual use.

Because this is true! Do you understand, or not? Pfff.

Yes, compat_linux has had vulnerabilities, repeatedly, and yes, this has
caused us immense trouble, like the situation right now, where we have things
to pull up and advisories to write but no one willing to do that work. This
has happened repeatedly, and I'm making a proposal to disable this feature,
to prevent this trouble in the future. Nothing controversial about that, it
just makes sense.

You are not worth my time.