Re: Proposal, again: Disable autoload of compat_xyz modules

	hello.  I make heavy use of the COMPAT_XYZ functions and have done so
for many years.  As Mouse says, it's what makes NetBSD very usable and
easy to maintain.  If that functionality left NetBSD, it would reduce its
value  significantly.
	I understand it's a lot of work to maintain this functionality and
there are a lot of subtle interactions between the modules as they relate
to security, but it is a real time saver in terms of being able to maintain
OS levels while continuing to be able to use working applications and
knowing that the next upgrade of the OS isn't going to break some critical
service in my shop.
	One implication of your proposal is that you'll disable the autoload
functionality, users will turn it back on, use it, and be more vulnerable
than they are now because the primary developers aren't concern with making
things work or secure anymore.   If I remember the discussion from a couple
of years ago, there was some distinction about the invasiveness of each
compat option and its relative security threat.  I think a blanket
disabling of the compat options is too big of ahammer and a more nuanced
approach should be taken.
-thanks