Re: recent rasops commits vs. macppc

Hello,

On Sat, 3 Aug 2019 14:46:32 +0900
Rin Okuyama <rokuyama.rk%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Maybe it's time to remove all non-32bit access to fb.
> I expect it is not a very hard work for now ;-).

I seriously doubt that's the problem, because:
- 32bit powerpc doesn't really do 64bit accesses ( unlike sparc for
  example ) and altivec is disabled for kernel code ( since gcc started
  using altivec for optimized, inlined memcpy )
- at least one of the putchar_aa() methods used memcpy() in order to
  speed things up by rendering scanlines into cached memory and then
  quickly copying them into slow & uncached video memory, which worked
  just fine everywhere I tried ( that is, mips, powerpc, sparc, sparc64
  and arm )

> PS
> I ordered Mac Mini G4, although serial console is hopeless...

They're nice little machines which usually don't cause much trouble.
Opening them is quite painful though.

have fun
Michael