Re: [RFC] Design considerations for XSAVE Extended Area getters/setters

On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 07:50:34PM +0200, Micha? Górny wrote:
> Well, if we are only to consider new registers, then we're talking about
> 16 'pure' ymm registers + 32 zmm registers + 8 kN registers + 1 state
> register, multiply by two... 114 PT_* requests?

Integers are plenty, but the core file format issue makes this aproach
unusable anyway.

Still I think we should not create too many random processor register groups.

We already have very strange ones (XMMREGS and VECREGS). Maybe we should just
have one ALLREGS thing (identical to the core note) and then discuss how
to properly make that sanely versioned and self describing?

Martin