Re: [RFC] Design considerations for XSAVE Extended Area getters/setters

> On May 28, 2019, at 10:48 AM, Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:
>> It would make things a bit awkward for core files.
>
> Please excuse my ignorance, but how is ptrace(2) related to core files?

The registers are dumped in an ELF note in the same format that ptrace gets.  We don't currently handle anything other than integer registers and basic FP registers in core files at the moment.  Look for "coredump_note" in sys/kern/core_elf32.c

-- thorpej