Re: Proposal: new audio framework

Hello,

On Mon, 01 Apr 2019 13:23:31 +0900
Tetsuya Isaki <isaki%pastel-flower.jp@localhost> wrote:

> There is one thing I'm worried about.  AUDIO2 requires more strict
> blocksize and buffersize for hardware drivers.  It will be a hard
> work if there are any hardware that does not satisfy the requirements.
> # Although I believe there are no such hardware...

What exactly are those requirements? IIRC dbri has a rather weird
maximum block size:
static int
dbri_round_blocksize(void *hdl, int bs, int mode,
			const audio_params_t *param)
{

	/*
	 * DBRI DMA segment size can be up to 0x1fff, sizes that are not powers
	 * of two seem to confuse the upper audio layer so we're going with
	 * 0x1000 here
	 */
	return 0x1000;
}

That said, I'll take care of potential fallout with the dbri driver.

have fun
Michael