Re: Removing PF

Le 30/03/2019 à 10:40, Maxime Villard a écrit :
Le 30/03/2019 à 10:06, BERTRAND Joël a écrit :
Michael van Elst a écrit :
joel.bertrand%systella.fr@localhost (=?UTF-8?Q?BERTRAND_Jo=c3=abl?=) writes:

    Just a question. I use NPF for a while on NetBSD-8 that provides router
functionalities (over a lot of network interfaces with agr, bridge, vpn
and some others...). NPF runs fine but I'm unable to configure
ftp-proxy. Last time I have checked, ftp proxy doesn't work and I have
tried to fix ftp-proxy (src/dist/pf/usr.sbin/ftp-proxy) without any
success. A lot of npf code is missing or broken.

NPF so far doesn't implement a ftp proxy. The ftp-proxy you found is for PF.

    I know. But without a function like ftp-proxy, npf cannot replace fp.
ftp-proxy seems to be a very simple code. Before dropping fp, I think
ftp-proxy has to run with npf.

    JB

Fair enough, this _is_ an actual reason for not removing PF right now. I'll
look at how the ftp-proxy stuff can work on NPF.

Hum, wait a minute in here. Am I being totally dumb, or NPF does support
ftp-proxy since 2011? See src/dist/pf/usr.sbin/ftp-proxy/npf.c, and the
associated commit message.