Re: Removing PF

On Sat, Mar 30, 2019 at 08:17:44AM +0100, Maxime Villard wrote:
> Le 30/03/2019 à 08:07, Michael van Elst a écrit :
> > max%m00nbsd.net@localhost (Maxime Villard) writes:
> >
> > > If the effort hadn't been split on three firewalls in the last 10 years, but
> > > rather had been focused on only one, don't you think NPF would now be
> > > featureful?
> >
> > Now if the effort of the world hadn't been split among Windows, MacOS
> > and Linux, but rather had been focused on only NetBSD, don't you think
> > NetBSD would now be featureful ?
>
> Yes, if the effort had been on one firewall instead of three, the one
> chosen would be more functional. Period. You have absolutely no point,
> do you?

You just don't understand the point. Period. Hey, I said Period, it must
be true.

Do you believe people would give up their efforts on Windows, or
MacOS or Linux to focus on NetBSD ?

Ah, silly me, too abstract. Do you really believe the maintainers
of ipf and npf would give up their projects to work on pf ?

Still not getting it ?

The point is that you only alienate people that are not following
your decision. Period. Hah, again.

Greetings,
--
                                Michael van Elst