Re: Ubiquitous ucas(9)

> I'm trying to wrap up my ufetch / ustore changes (http://mail-index.netbsd.o$
> [...]
> Then there are platforms where [ucas is] just missing (sparc, vax).
> These platfo$

Why insist that LL/SC and CAS are the only acceptable primitives, and
that platforms that don't have them in hardware have to simulate them?
The VAX, at least, has primitives eminently suitable for MP use; they
just don't fit a Procrustean LL/SC-or-CAS mold very well.  (SPARC may
too; I just don't know it nearly as well as I know the VAX.)

Or am I just revealing my ignorance of..something..and if I just knew
something additional the answer to that would be obvious?

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign