Re: Regarding the ULTRIX and OSF1 compats

On 2019-03-16 14:28, Maxime Villard wrote:
I stated my point clearly and logically, about why certain things have
legitimate reasons to go away, regardless of whether they are compat layers,
or drivers, or something else. Rather than giving clear, logical counter
arguments, you are just repeating "XXX is YYY years old, remove it".

You are going to have to provide better arguments I'm afraid, because you're
not going to convince _*anyone*_ with that.

I think that what Robert, and others (including me) argument is actually that things should not be removed, and the reason would be that this is the core mission, purpose, reason (or whatever you want to call it) for NetBSDs existence. Instead it should be fixed, because that is what it all is about. Make it work - don't remove it.

And what you are arguing for would imply a change of what the reason for existence is.

Now, like I said before, maybe we should have a discussion then about what the reason for NetBSD is.

(And Robert certainly have me convinced, so your last statement is provably false. Don't try to speak for everyone.)

  Johnny