Re: RFC: New userspace fetch/store API

> On Feb 24, 2019, at 9:40 AM, Jason Thorpe <thorpej%me.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> 32-bit on every platform, and 64-bit on LP64 platforms (for pointers).
>
> I’m fine with that, so long as we’re willing to “give up” on the other things that use byte / short / in-interrupt.

I will note, however, that some platforms are still going to need the byte / short variants for their own MD purposes (m68k trap handler, for example).  If this is the direction we decide to go, I will make them use the same naming pattern, and will protect their prototypes inside a __HAVE_USER_FETCH_STORE_16 or whatever.

-- thorpej