Re: Audio device mmap and kevents

What I wanted to say is that mmap may be faster from such point of
view but that difference may not make observable impact especially
for application like audioplay(1).

For audioplay(1), yes, I agree.  That is an example of an application
for which the performance differences are minor enough to be easily
outweighed by the convenience.  I doubt anyone would argue that the
write() interface should go away.

I agree too but I needed to implement mmap use (userspace) somewhere to make my point. I think audioplay is still a right choice (even if it does not improve it) because it shows how to implement it as it it always included in netbsd. I personnally never
use audioplay to play audio..