Re: svr4, again

Unless I remember wrong, it's needed for Ultrix compatibility on VAX (and maybe MIPS?).

  Johnny

On 2018-12-19 19:46, Brian Buhrow wrote:
	hello.  The COMPAT_IBCS2 is for SCO OpenServer and Unixware binary
compatibility.  I used it regularly to run Oracle database clients and
servers on NetBSD which were compiled for OpenServer.  OpenServer hasn't
changed much in the years since I did that, but is anyone really using
OpenServer anymore?  And, more aptly, is any company still building
software for OpenServer?  It may be the case that someone is still using
some old software for OpenServer, but it's probably a legacy system that
can be run as a VM going forward to protect it from hardware changes which
OpenServer is never going to support.  In short, COMPAT_IBCS2 worked well,
but it too, should probably go, again with the proviso that instructions be
left around on how one might use it if one really needs it.
-thanks
-Brian