Re: [uvm_hotplug] Fixing the build of tests

On Sat, Dec 15, 2018 at 2:45 PM Santhosh Raju <santhosh.raju%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 15, 2018 at 2:26 PM matthew green <mrg%eterna.com.au@localhost> wrote:
> >
> > > I believe the right thing to do would be to just fix the type in
> > > uvmexp.npages to the correct type instead of adjusting the test
> > > to accommodate it.  What would be the consequences of this?
> > >
> > > Also, I hadn't realised that the tests aren't wired into the
> > > build. They really should be.
> >
> > please don't change any of the structures randomly -- see my
> > previous email for the major issue needing to be resolved,
> > which will end up making this better.  (if you look closely,
> > you'll see that the external interface is already 64 bit,
> > it's only the internal code that is problematic.  oh well,
> > it would be the much less hard to fix part ... :-)
> >

> This is good insight, thank you mrg for that.
>
> And I agree with the not changing structures randomly. (Especially by
> someone like me who is just getting to see how things work.)
>
> > ie, i support the change as proposed, ugly as it may be.
> >

> Yes the fix is a bit ugly. But the tests can be adapted as the
> interface evolves.
>
> I do not mind holding the responsibility of keeping the tests updated
> as the interface evolves.
>

> > .mrg.
>
> --
> Santhosh

After discussing with cherry@ and considering the above advice from
mrg@. I have made some cosmetic changes to the patch.

* Removed unwanted whitespace changes
* Renamed the variable used in the macro from A to X
* Added a comment on top of the macro to indicate it's purpose

If there are no more direct comments on the contents of the patch, I
shall be committing the changes after waiting for a few hours.

Regards
Santhosh