Re: Importing libraries for the kernel

>>> [...] I have serious concerns for doing asymmetric cryptography in
>>> the kernel [...]
>> Can you clarify the concerns?
> Asymmetrical cryptography is slow and complex.  [...]  The
> implementation is non-trivial [...]

Didn't that ship sail long ago?  I recall seeing people talking about
putting entire languages into the kernel, in some cases even including
jitters.  Much as I dislike this, I find that far more "no way in hell
is that going into _my_ machines' kernels!".

I also disagree that asymmetric crypto is necessarily all that complex.
Some asymmetric crypto algorithms require nothing more complex than
large-number arithmetic.  (Slow, yes, but not particularly complex.)

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign