Re: Support for tv_sec=-1 (one second before the epoch) timestamps?

On 13.12.2018 03:22, Mouse wrote:
>> In real life it's often needed to store time_t pointing before the
>> UNIX epoch.
>
> I am inclined to doubt it - "real life" needs to store such times,
> certainly, but I have yet to see a case where it imposes any particular
> representation for that storage.  (Without enlarging time_t, you can't
> go before late 1901 even with full support for negative time_t anyway.)

time_t is already 64-bit (signed) on NetBSD.

Storing negative times is a generic open topic so I defer myself from
discussing it. It's the current (since ever) consensus (expected by
software) among C systems to implement it as signed, it originated
probably from the time when all numbers in C were signed and this
remained unaltered.

The issue by Michal has been located in C++ runtime library tests.