Re: Importing libraries for the kernel

maya%netbsd.org@localhost writes:

> I don't expect there to be any problems with the ISC license. It's the
> preferred license for OpenBSD and we use a lot of their code (it's
> everywhere in sys/dev/)

Agreed that the license is ok.

> external, as I understand it, means "please upstream your changes, and
> avoid unnecessary local changes".

Agreed.

And also that we have a plan/expectation of tracking changes and
improvements that upstream makes.  Code that is not in external more or
less implies that we are the maintainer.  For these libraries, my
expectation is that they are being actively maintained and that we will
want to update to newer upstream versions from time to time.