Re: Brightness buttons don't work in current

-------- Eredeti üzenet --------
Tárgy: Re: Brightness buttons don't work in current
Dátum: 2018-09-26 21:51
Feladó: Fekete Zoltán <fekete.zoltan%minux.hu@localhost>
Címzett: tech-kern%netbsd.org@localhost
Válaszcím: fekete.zoltan%minux.hu@localhost

Fekete Zoltán wrote:

Anybody experienced similar thing? Should I set something new in
kernel config?

Do you mean on the console or in X11? They never worked for me in either
case. Manually changing hw.acpi.acpiout entry doesn't change the
brightness, and xbacklight, to which I map the brightness keys, reports
`No outputs have backlight property`.

--
caóc

In X11. I have an i915 integrated chip. NetBSD8 release handles this as expected.
hw.acpi.acpiout worked also. Now it doesn't.
Something happened in the recent weeks I assume.

FeZ

Hi There,

I wanted to recall this report. I know it's not a major thing, but as it has been working formerly, and very convenient, so why not to mention again.

I think the brightness button handler disappeared after the huge changes were committed for i915 into the current branch last summer.
The NetBSD8 kernel is still perfect. Only current lacks the feature.

Isn't there a possibility to reimplement it based on the working NetBSD8?

Thank you:

FeZ