Re: Things not referenced in kernel configs, but mentioned in files.*

On Nov 12,  2:12pm, Jason Thorpe wrote:
} > On Nov 12, 2018, at 1:59 PM, John Nemeth <jnemeth%cue.bc.ca@localhost> wrote:
} > } On Nov 12,  1:16pm, Jason Thorpe wrote:
} > } > On Nov 12, 2018, at 11:12 AM, John Nemeth <jnemeth%cue.bc.ca@localhost> wrote:
} > } >
} > } >     wbsio and wt also seems to fit in that category.
} > }
} > } Isn't "wt" an ancient PC tape drive?  We should make an effort
} >
} >     Yes.
} >
} > } to prune more deadwood drivers.
} >
} >     How do we know that it's deadwood?  How do we know somebody
} > out there doesn't still have functioning hardware?  I will grant
} > you that in this case, it is unlikely as those things were total
} > junk.  But, still...
}
} We managed to do it w/ the ISDN code.  I suggest we put together
} a list, post it to netbsd-announce, and note that there's always
} the Attic.

     Was the ISDN code usable?  Something in the back of my mind is telling
me that it wasn't and thus was just clutter.

}-- End of excerpt from Jason Thorpe