Re: How to prevent a mutex being _enter()ed from being _destroy()ed?

    Date:        Fri, 10 Aug 2018 19:17:55 -0400 (EDT)
    From:        Mouse <mouse%Rodents-Montreal.ORG@localhost>

  | However, whether it means "nyah nyah, I'm not telling you this" or
  | "don't worry, this won't be on the exam"

Not either I would think - the former is not an attitude I'd expect,
(and all the code was there, so was available to everyone who
could see the comment anyway) and I cannot imagine what exam
anyone could possibly have ever been even contemplating, so
that version makes little sense.

  | Actually, as I recall, the (rest of the) comment _did_ explain it, but
  | only briefly, and in a way that would be incomprehensible to those who
  | only partially understood the underlying mechanisms, so perhaps it
  | doesn't entirely count.

It did, though the rest of it was more of a "this happens" comment as I
recall, kind of like "I wave my wand and the rabbit appears" - you know
it is all true as you can see it happening, what you don't understand
(or are not expected to understand) is how that it is made to happen.
In both cases, with sufficient study and access to what is really
going on, it is possible to find out, but most people don't bother.

kre