Re: panic: biodone2 already

Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> > xbd is not mpsafe, so it shouldn't be even race due to parallell
> > processing on different CPUs. Maybe it would be useful to check if the
> > problem still happens when you assign just single CPU to the DOMU.
>
> I get the crash with vcpu = 1 for the domU. I also tried to pin a single
> cpu for the test domU, I still get it to crash:

I started tracing the code to see where the problem comes from. So far,
I can tell that in vfs_bio.c, bread() -> bio_doread() will call
VOP_STRATEGY once for the offendinf buf_t, but biodone() is called twice
in interrupt context for the buf_t, leading to the biodone2 already
panic later.

Since you know the xbd code you could save me some time: where do we go
below VOP_SRATEGY?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz