Re: new errno ?

On Sat, Jul 7, 2018, 11:43 AM Jason Thorpe <thorpej%me.com@localhost> wrote:

On Jul 6, 2018, at 2:49 PM, Eitan Adler <lists%eitanadler.com@localhost> wrote:

...and the subsequent thread went just as I expected it might.  Sigh.

Anyway... in what situations is this absurd error code used in the 802.11 code?

ENOTTY is best for how 802.11 uses it.

Warner

EFAULT seems wrong because it means something very specific.  Actually, that brings me to a bigger point... rather than having a generic error code for "lulz I could have panic'd here, heh", why not simply return an error code appropriate for the situation that would have otherwise resulted in calling panic()?  There are many to choose from :-)

-- thorpej