Re: urtwn driver is spammy

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 12:47:06PM +0200, Radoslaw Kujawa wrote:

> > On 28 Jun 2018, at 12:35, Benny Siegert <bsiegert%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> >
> > urtwn0: could not send firmware command 5
>
> This means it’s unable set radio signal strength.

It's not clear *how* the firmware uses the RSSI for its rate adaptation,
so I cannot say for sure, but it looks to me like the RSSI may be
averaged over many stations when there is a base station.

For the firmware to use the average RSSI, as computed, for its rate
adaptation is probably unhelpful/counterproductive in an adhoc network
(IBSS mode).

Dave

--
David Young