Re: i2c and indirect vs. direct config

On May 31, 2018, at 6:14 PM, Brad Spencer <brad%anduin.eldar.org@localhost> wrote:

I wonder if the i2c bus attachments should have the option of being
treated like gpio attachements with a new command... probably a lot of
work:

iicctl iic2 attach dstrc 0x68 3231

I’ve been thinking about this.  I think we could wrap all of the functionality into drvctl, and allow it to specify arbitrary locators.  The locator names could be string-matched-and-validated in the kernel to get them into the right cf_loc[] slots.  Consider it “in the queue” :-)

-- thorpej