Significance of softnet/0; softclk/0 etc

Hi All,

I see some lwps being created for each processor.
Examples are  -

softnet/0
softclk/0
softbio/0
idle/0

I could only dig to the level that idle/x is used when scheduler could not find a runnable lwp.
Sometimes I see them actually running soft-interrupts but I could not really understand how/when do they get to run that code.
Need help in understanding how they come in and go out.
Is this something like ksoftirqd of linux?

Request to please point me the code to substantiate.

--
Regards
Ripunjay Tripathi