Re: Is there a current known getrusage() problem (amd64)

    Date:        Wed, 4 Apr 2018 17:16:32 -0000 (UTC)
    From:        mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost (Michael van Elst)

  | That's what you get with statistics.

Not what I am seeing I don't think.

I understand those issues, and none of that matters for the
code in question (which has been there for a long long time.)

  | As a result, the user and system times reported by getrusage
  | are neither precise nor necessarily monotonic.

While not exactly OK, that's a don't care for this use.

All that matters is that the values are something like an
approximation for the time used (when the CPU has been
100% busy in this process for a second or two, for example).

What is happening is that the results are going back to 0.
Not near 0, not fluctuation, they jump to 0, and stay fixed
there.

That's not statistics, that is something going wrong.   What
I don't know at the minute is what that is (other than a quick
glance, I haven't started on debugging the kernel end).

kre