Re: Potential new syscall

>> Basically, what I want is a syscall that a vfork()ed child can call
>> to have the unsharing effects of execve(2) or _exit(2) (return the
>> vmspace to the parent and let the it continue), while the child
>> carries on with a clone of the vmspace [...]
> That sounds suspiciously like Linux's unshare(2) call, with the
> CLONE_VM option.

Yes, except that (based on reading the unshare(2) manpage on a work
machine) unshare(CLONE_VM) doesn't have the "let the parent continue"
semantic that my putative syscall does.  What I want could perhaps be
called unshare(CLONE_VFORK) (which doesn't seem to exist).

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign