Re: Fixing excessive shootdowns during FFS read (kern/53124) on x86

> Yeah, that's what ephemeral mappings where supposed to be for. The other
> question is whether we can't just use the direct map for this on amd64
> and similar platforms?

Right, we could/should use emap. I haven't realized emap is actually already
implemented. It's currently used for pipe for the loan/"direct" write.

I don't know anything about emap thought. Are there any known issues,
do you reckon it's ready to be used for general I/O handling?

Jaromir