Re: compat code function pointers

> As long as it does not autoload; it is actually better to be not
> compiled in all the time from a security POV.

Well, from a security POV, loading _anything_ into the kernel at
run-time, auto- or not, is a disaster waiting to happen.  It's why I
disable LKM and MODULAR (as applicable to the version in question) for
all my kernels.  I'm even slightly uncomfortable with BPF, though I
trust the verifier enough, and find the facility useful enough, that I
do keep that enabled.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign