Re: compat code function pointers

On Mon, 19 Mar 2018, Christos Zoulas wrote:

On Mar 19,  5:55pm, dholland-tech%netbsd.org@localhost (David Holland) wrote:
-- Subject: Re: compat code function pointers

| On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 08:35:11AM -0400, Christos Zoulas wrote:
|  > That's a good idea, but it is more complicated that what we do now,
|  > and does not solve the problem for things like NTP or COMPAT_BSDPTY
|  > or SYSV_*.
|
| COMPAT_BSDPTY at least should be its own module anyway.

Yup, that is simple...

"options COMPAT_BSDPTY" seems intertwined with "options NO_DEV_PTM" and it appears that all four combinations are in use in existing kernel config files. So it might not be quite as simple as it seems.

But I agree, it needs to be done.

| Paul Goyette     | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:          |
| (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee dot com   |
| Kernel Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette at netbsd dot org |