Re: Port FreeBSD's updated Atheros WiFi driver

On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 at 12:33 PM, Utkarsh Anand <uanand009%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 at 11:29 AM, Harsh Khatore <khatore.harsh.github%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
Hi team,

I know it is late to start with, but can you guide me on the above mentioned project. I want to apply for GSoC with this project.
It’s a good idea to start by telling whatever you know about the project, your motivation for taking up the task of porting, what’s new in the updated driver, etc. and hopefully you’ll get a response from someone who’s already working on similar things.

Also, do you have anyone else working on it, if so, please do let me know, else it will be a waste effort.
Regardless of whether or not somebody’s working on the project, it won’t be a waste of effort, as long as you apply for a project under NetBSD, because the number of slots are decided by taking into account the total number of students applying for the project
*the organisation.
and a few other factors. In fact, many people applying for the same project increases the chances of that project being assigned to someone.

I hope it is a software only project and does not require access to any hardware as it won't be possible for me to have access to them now.
Regardless of how confident you are with about your coding skills, you will need to test it. Maybe your mentor can help address this issue.

I have intermediate knowledge and working proficiency of C/C++, Java and Python. I have good theoretical understanding of Operating systems and networking.

Hoping for your response.

Thanks,
Harsh Khatore
--