Re: Regarding GSoC

In article <CAB5-aq6bh=6B1Hej4iADrO+_1-qBiBTnyY_XgvdU6pSY644A9g%mail.gmail.com@localhost>,
Siddharth Muralee  <siddharth.muralee%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>-=-=-=-=-=-
>
>Hey,
>   I am a second-year undergraduate student at Amrita University,
>Amritapuri, India. I would like to take up one of the ideas suggested in
>your wiki namely, "Kernel Address SANitizer". I am a security enthusiast
>and I am familiar with both user-land and kernel-level exploitation. I have
>experience working with the Linux kernel.
>   I think the most natural way to get started would be making some small
>yet related contributions to the project. Do you have such small fixes that
>could be assigned to me?
>Besides that, I would really appreciate any form of suggestions or information
>about how the project could be completed.

Thanks for your interest. It would be a good idea to add some ATF-tests
for the current sanitizers (to make sure that they work properly on all
the platforms).

These can be written mostly in shell, and can use small example c programs
that have bugs in them that trigger the different sanitizer issues. The
script can then compile those programs and run them and see if they produce
the right output. Test programs live in /usr/src/tests and there are manual
pages for atf.

Does this sound interesting to you?

Best,

christos