Re: compat work.

On Wed, 14 Mar 2018, Christos Zoulas wrote:

That is my goal too. I have completed disentangling the compat swap code
so now you should be able to sync your branch with head (taking the head
changes) and it will all work. This is the way I envision compat things
to hook into the main code with minimal disruption.

Yeah, it was a bit trickier than just resolving the few conflicts that CVS found, but not as difficult as I'd feared.

BTW, if you're looking for a challenging candidate to untangle, have a
look at the rtsock.c code!  The entire rtsock.c file is #include'd in
the rtsock_50.c compat code, and bits and pieces of rtsock.c are
basically disabled by #ifdef COMPAT_RTSOCK which in turn is defined in
by rtsock_50.c

| Paul Goyette     | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:          |
| (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee dot com   |
| Kernel Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette at netbsd dot org |