Re: sysctl_doeproc() race

On 11.03.2018 13:12, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 07:00:46PM +0700, Robert Elz wrote:
>> That process can exit, its zombie be cleaned up, and then a new process
>> created which happens to have the same pid as the previous one had
>
> Theoretically, but for all practical cases (and give the way we assign
> pids) this sounds extremely unlikely and just should be ignored - unless
> there is a bug involved, and that is what I'd like to understand.
>
> Martin

I've started this case as a bug detectable for every 30,000th execution
of the same ATF test. If this reordering makes braking a user-space
program less possible, but still theoretical and observable sometimes -
I prefer to fix it forever.

Anyway I will try this out and run tests whether the bug can be still
observed.