Re: amd64: svs

Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> It does not seems to fix much.
>
> I tried the tests from git repository
> http://github.com/IAIK/meltdown.git
>
> This is Linux-centric, but at least, the "secret" case seems to apply on
> NetBSD. It reports vulnerability before (cpu0: microcode version 0x58,
> platform ID 1) and after (cpu0: microcode version 0x80, platform ID 1)
> microcode upgrade.

A look at the source reveals me I was wrong: the,test fails before it
gets the relevant result.

It requires virtual to physical address translation, which is done on
Linux using /proc/$$/pagemap. That needs to be converted to a NetBSD
interface. Any hint on how this should be done?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz