Re: amd64: svs

It looks like two of the Dell machines I use have BIOS updates that include the new microcode, but I don't know when it'll be available for the other machines I use. The standalone microcode update at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27337/Linux-Processor-Microcode-Data-File is dated 20171117, and from what I've read, does not contain the latest changes.

FWIW, Intel updated their microcode on 8-Jan-2018:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27431/

I can't find any documentation which shows what exactly is fixed for each family of processors.

I'm not updating my BIOSes for now because using intel-microcode-netbsd package lets me easily make before-and-after comparisons. Plus, many of the BIOS updates I've seen don't say what Intel updates they use - you have to run cpuctl yourself afterwards to see...

John