Re: Proposal to obsolete SYS_pipe

In article <ba9f8f1b-66c7-1168-f17b-c7e88bcf0a18%gmx.com@localhost>,
Kamil Rytarowski  <n54%gmx.com@localhost> wrote:
>-=-=-=-=-=-
>
>On 25.12.2017 17:43, Christos Zoulas wrote:
>> On Dec 25,  4:42pm, n54%gmx.com@localhost (Kamil Rytarowski) wrote:
>> -- Subject: Re: Proposal to obsolete SYS_pipe
>>
>> | I've extracted two changes from the original mail:
>> |
>> | https://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/2017/12/25/msg022836.html
>>
>> Yes, the first patch is exactly what I had in mind; remove the
>> assembly stubs from libc and make pipe() a wrapper for pipe2().
>> The second patch sounds good too, but it is not in the email...
>>
>> christos
>>

>I've included the missing patch in the subsequent mail:
>
>https://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/2017/12/25/msg022840.html
>
>Patch (pasted here for the reference):
>
>http://netbsd.org/~kamil/patch-00041-refactor-pipe1.txt

I am good with both since they eliminate the MD code and simplify
the MI code. The only drawback is that sys_pipe (the system call)
is not handled directly anymore by libc, but that's not an issue
except for the slight performance loss (which does not really matter
the moment you start doing I/O).

christos