Re: Proposal to obsolete SYS_pipe

On Mon, 25 Dec 2017, Robert Elz wrote:

   Date:        Sun, 24 Dec 2017 22:25:15 +0100
   From:        Kamil Rytarowski <krytarowski%gmail.com@localhost>

 |  - I've marked pipe(2) as compat_80.

Because we would need this (obviously) there is nothing really being
gained by "removing" the syscall, as it is not really being removed,
just moved, and consequently I see no benefit worthy of the churn - it
all just looks like busy work.

Well, it would save a few bytes for those of us who do not use COMPAT at all, or who load the compat module only when needed (and unload it when finished).

But the savings would certainly be rather insignificant in the overall scheme of the world.

| Paul Goyette     | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:          |
| (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee dot com   |
| Kernel Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette at netbsd dot org |