} pipe2(2)), both of which, it seems to me, should be part of this.

     From: http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?pipe2+2+NetBSD-current

HISTORY
     A pipe() function call appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX.  The pipe2()
     function is inspired from Linux and appeared in NetBSD 6.0.

My NetBSD 7.x systems have the manpage as well.  One might wish to
look for manpages on a system newer then 1.4T.  :->

     The big thing is that I don't see what the difference between
pipe(2) and pipe2(2) are, other then that pipe2(2) takes an extra
flags argument, i.e. I don't see how it solves the problem stated
in the original message.

}-- End of excerpt from Mouse