Re: ext2fs superblock updates

Hi.

> On 16 Nov 2017, at 10:40, coypu%SDF.ORG@localhost wrote:
>
> From the looks of it, the ext2fs code only updates the primary
> superblock:
> (…)
> I'm under the impression that the secondary ones exist as
> backups and are meant to be usable.
>
> Is this wrong or am I misunderstanding things?

As far as I know, Linux does not update backup superblocks under normal operation. Only primary is updated. Backup superblock are always set to “not clean”, so that free blocks/inodes/last mount are expected to be bad there.

So this behaviour of ext2fs_sbupdate is most likely correct.

Best regards,
Radoslaw